Xmas living room workout
I know we are all over the place during the Christmas holidays and it's often hectic and tricky to keep up with the usual gym routine and other sport specific training plans!
Here's a free workout you can do easily in your living room, hotel room or else.
I set it up mainly thinking of alpine skiers, mountain bikers and cyclists that spend so much time in a forward bent position that get them eventually restricted in moving in certain ranges of motion and inefficient utilizing certain movement patterns and muscles. This is also applicable to all of us that work long hours sitting in front of a computer, doing paperwork, and have to drive a lot, for examples.
Here enjoy this Core Stability and Contract & Release Stretching video exercise program (see below) to make you feel better over the Christmas holiday, or at anytime along the year!
- 10x (double count) XC SKIING
- 10x (total) KNEE STRIKES
- 10x (total) SCISSOR 10x
CORE STABILITY CIRCUIT
- 15-20x BOX PUSH UP, KNEE PUSH UP, or FULL PUSH UP
- 20-30x (total) EASIER or HARDER BRIDGING
- 20-30x (total) EASIER or HARDER SPIDER CRUNCH
- 20-40x (total) CLOCK PLANK
- 20-40 (total) BUTTERFLY
- 15-25x (each side) THE RECTANGLE
CONTRACT & RELEASE STRETCHING
- 4-8x (each side) ADD-HAM-ITB 360°
- 10-12x (each side) HIP FIGURE 4
- 10-12x (each side) QUAD 4
- 6-12x (total) SHOULDER OPENER
- 6-10x (total) NECK HALF CIRCLES
- 8-12x TRACK & ROLL
*It's your responsability to get clearance from your doctor prior to trying any of these exercises.
Merry Christmas 2014 and Happy New Year 2015!
Blog, exercise program and video by: Majorie Lauzon