My version of a potato salad with kale
This salad is not only delicious but nutritious with its potatoes and kale!
The etymology of the word potato doesn't seem that potatoes were named after the mineral potassium, even though they are loaded of it! Potassium is hepful in regulating blood pressure and controlling heart arrhythmia. Kale is rich in vitamin A which plays a role in healthy skin, good vision, strong bones, and efficient immune and reproduction systems.
Here you go!
- Steam al dente small half potatoes and/or diced bigger potatoes. When ready cool down with warm water and strain
- Fine cut fresh garlic and cilantro
- Diced red and yellow peppers
- Cut in halves cherry red and yellow tomatoes
- Slice black kale before steaming al dente. When ready cool down with warm water and strain
- Grate finely some carrots
- Place all veggies in a large bowl
- In a separate small bowl mix some vegan mayo, balsamic vinegar, and grape seeds oil
- Add vinaigrette to salad and mix well but delicately
- Add sun flower seeds
- Add vegan cheese
- Add herbs & pepper (salt-free) seasoning
- Add herb Italian seasoning
- Add a touch of sea salt
- Mix again
- Leave marinating for 10-15 minutes
- Mix once more before enjoying!
Recipe by: Majorie Lauzon
Posted: January 11, 2015 In: Nutrition