Maple chickpea cookies (vegan & gluten free)
Here’s the kind of cookie you can enjoy without feeling guilty. It’s a great mid-day snack as it contains a considerable amount of protein and fiber, plus it's lightly sweetened and relatively low in fat.
- Preheat oven at 3500 F
- In a big bowl add 1 can of blended chic peas with its juice
- Add 50 ml of canola and sun flower oil blend
- Add 100-*200 ml of pure maple syrup
- Add 2 pinches of magic baking powder
- Add 2 pinches of baking soda
- Add 1 pinch of sea salt
- Whisk well
- Mix in 500 ml of gluten free baking & pancake flour mix (my favorite brand is Pamelas)
- Mix in 200 ml of garbanzo chic pea flour
- Knead if needed and *add a little bit more maple syrup for optimal consistency to make little balls with the dough (it will depend on flour mixture)
- Mix in 250g of dark chocolate chips
- Oil cookie sheet of approximately 18” x 12”
- Drop cookie paste on cookie sheet with an over filled table spoon (about 15-24 cookies per sheet and 45-60 cookies in total)
- Using a wetted fork, gently press the cookie dough down
- On a plate mix half and half oil and maple syrup and brush mixture sparingly on top of cookies
- Bake cookies on the middle grill for 10-25 minutes depending on their size and the flour used – or until golden on top and slightly brown underneath.
- Let cool
Now savor! So delicious!
Recipe by: Majorie Lauzon
Posted: October 11, 2015 In: Nutrition